6.15.2011

"I don't wanna see you bleed, I know what you need but it ain't what you deserve."

There are times in my job when I have to be a somewhat more aggressive personality type than I normally am. In fact, there are times when I'm a bit of a prick. If I know I'm going to be dealing with a particularly contentious situation or person, it helps to prepare by listening to certain songs on the way there. Here, in no order, are my top ten "Stop Being Such A Milquetoast And Kick Life In The Nuts" tracks:

1. "Takeover" by Jay-Z.

2. "I Want To Conquer The World" by Bad Religion

3. "Not Afraid" by Eminem (any Eminem song works, as well. Except for that one about his kid.)

4. "Get Up, Stand Up" by The Wailers

5. Anything from the Kill Bill, Vol. 1 soundtrack

6. "Holier Than Thou" by Metallica

7. "Talking Union" by Pete Seeger

8. "The Harder They Come" by Jimmy Cliff

9. "Monster" by Kanye West

10. "I'm Not Down" by The Clash

Bonus track, used after something doesn't go my way or when confronting Earth's general unpleasantness:

11. "Running The World" by Jarvis Cocker

No comments:

Post a Comment